‘Loving and bubbly’ teen found dead near derelict buildings days after she went missing


A “loving and bubbly” teenager was found dead near derelict buildings after running away from her friends on a night out, an inquest heard.

Seesha Dack, 15, was reported missing in August 2020, prompting a search by police officers of an area of buildings and woodland in North Shields, Newcastle.

She was found two days later in the same woodland by her friends, Newcastle Coroner’s Court heard, Chronicle Live reported.

Flowers were left in her memory and hundreds of people gathered at a balloon release and an online fundraiser was also set up.

Senior Coroner Karen Dilks said: “Seesha Dack was 15 years old with a history of dyslexia, moderate learning difficulties and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

“She had long-term involvement with children and adolescent mental health services. There is no recent history of threats to or attempted self harm.

“On the 30th August 2020, in the area of the Fish Quay in North Tyneside , she, while under the influence of alcohol, ran away from her friends suddenly and unexpectedly.

“She died due to her own actions while suffering from ADHD and while under the influence of alcohol.”

Coroner Dilks gave a narrative conclusion.

At the time, Seesha’s heartbroken family issued a statement in which they described her as a “loving, funny, bubbly and humble girl”.

The family said: “We are beyond devastated by the loss of our daughter and sister Seesha. Seesha was a loving, funny, bubbly and humble girl with a smile that could light up any room.

“Her personality was precious and can never be replaced. She always went out of her way for other people, even going so far as to take food from home to give to a homeless man that she saw regularly.

“Even though it wasn’t the news that we were hoping for, we would like to thank everyone from the community and beyond for all their help while we were looking for her.”

Northumbria Police said there were “challenges” with the size of the area to be searched and their specialist team had not progressed to the site where Seesha was discovered.

A spokesman for Northumbria Police said: “First and foremost, our thoughts continue to be with the family and friends of Seesha Dack following her tragic passing.

“Over a two-day period extensive enquiries were carried out to locate Seesha, including initial searches in the vicinity of where she was subsequently found.

“However, due to the recognised challenges with the size of the area to be searched and the difficult terrain, it was decided that further detailed searches would be carried out using a specialist team.

“These searches had been underway throughout the day but had not yet progressed to the site where Seesha was discovered by friends.”